I have not been able to update my blogs and posts as I got my phone bricked.
I will explain so that you can be aware. My mtk 6577 chipset note 2 clone started having issues. The apps kept getting stuck and phone was very unstable. Battery drain was high. I decided to factory data reset! I bought the phone from a retailer at factory state. Unboxing was done by myself.
I am not sooo dumb..because I did have a backup of rom (ROLL BACK ROM) taken when I installed CWM using SP flasher as instructed on my blog. So I thought if anything bad happened...and chances were low, I would find a workaround to reflash that backup.
However, after factory reset, I opened my phone using HW key.. it boot with a fake animation which wasn't there before.. then the android swipe lock screen appeared and when I swipe, it says "HellowAndroid" not responding and I get a black screen. I kept like that hoping the booting was slow but got no where.
Then I started working.. browsing the internet to find a compatible rom.
I was very interested to see this post
about android 4.2 rom and among the details i found a comment or post which says "compatible with most mediatek chipset devices"
I downloaded the files in both 4.2.2 version and the 4.2.1 version. After factory reset, I noticed that I still had CWM. I checked by pressing volume down+power button and luckily I was in CWM recovery. After flashing both as the instructions given, my phone booted up, flashed the logo but everything was upside down.. and phone swiches off after boot animation. I gave a clear explanation to xda developer here and yet to get a reply from the famous SuperDragonPT @ xda forum.
Meanwhile apart from the discussion at XDA, I went on a frenzy of finding a rom.
I downloaded few roms from needrom.com but none of them worked either.
There are many tutorials on how to compile a flashable zip using a ready-made zip. I had to substitute the files in my 'readbackrom' file to compile it but that also did not work.
So I short and smart words, if u have a mediatek chipset phone, don't count on zip flashing if u don't have a backup of your own rom.
Lastly, I couldn't find any tutorial to use the readback rom to reflash.. there were some infos on how it could be done. So I used the knowledge I had and here is how I did it.
1. Install latest version of SP flasher
2. Make sure USB VCOM drivers are installed. If you have previous driver installations on your PC, delete them and install vcom drivers for your device.
3. Make sure the phone is fully charged. Keep it off
4. After install of driver, open phone battery cover, remove battery, wait 1 minute, put back in and connect you phone using usb cable with computer
5. Check to see if driver was properly installed. Remove usb and restart ur computer
6. Open SP flasher. Click 'Scatter file' and select the readbackrom folder. This instruction is only on how to use the readback backup rom to reflash..or if you have a rom with files. Not zip format. There will be a scatter file.click and it will show you the file system. Now press F9 and connect phone using usb cable. It will show connecting.
7. If it doesn't, then it means drivers not properly installed. Flashing will take few minutes. And when you are done, reboot.
I will try to help anyone who has romm issues as I have done quite a bit of reading past few days. Please leave a comment if you need more info.